RD, LD, CEDRD-S
Eating disorder dietitian in Columbia, Maryland
I’m Bobbi Boteler, co-founder of Courage to Nourish. I am so glad you have found us!
I would love to share with you a little bit about myself. I am an eating disorder recovery dietitian who sees clients in person in our Columbia, Maryland office as well as virtually across Maryland, Colorado and Virginia.
I am a lucky mom to three kids that I love to the moon and back. I have been working in the field of nutrition since 2005. I am personally recovered from my own battle with an eating disorder. Something that I once carried with tremendous shame and guilt, has now gifted me with an ability to understand, empathize and connect with my clients on a much deeper level. My hope every day when I meet with my clients, is to provide them with a safe space where they can be transparent and vulnerable, and feel heard, respected and supported.
My personal journey to recovery, along with being a parent myself, has inspired me to be an advocate for changing the way food and nutrition is being taught in the public school system.
Courage to Nourish strives to connect each client with the certified eating disorder dietitian that best meets their needs.
You and I would be a great fit if:
- You are looking for Health at Every Size (HAES) and Intuitive Eating aligned nutrition care
- You or a loved one is in recovery from an eating disorder
- You are a parent of a child facing an eating disorder, looking for support, guidance and resources as you embark on this scary journey with your child
- You are open to establishing an authentic, open, and safe space that allows for the healing process to occur
- You work best with a down-to-earth, warm, compassionate, yet direct approach to your care
My typical client includes:
- Children of any age through adolescence, all genders! (I have a special place in my heart for young children through early adolescence)
- Adults who have been struggling with food for most of their lives
- Fellow mothers who are looking to heal from their own eating disorder to help serve as a positive role model for their own children.
- Families looking for guidance on raising confident, competent children who are able to experience joy and pleasure around food, as well as wanting to create an environment at home that serves as a protective measure against diet culture and disordered eating.
- Children through adulthood who have been struggling with Avoidant Restrictive Food Intake Disorder (ARFID)
I would love to schedule a discovery call with you and learn more about how Courage to Nourish can support your nutrition needs.
Looking for an eating disorder dietitian?
Click here to visit our contact us page and to schedule a discovery call with our dietitians specializing in eating disorder recovery nutrition. We have offices in College Park, MD, Columbia, MD, and Alexandria, VA. We work with clients virtually in Maryland, Virginia, DC, Colorado and Pennsylvania.
I am currently on the Board of Directors for Rock Recovery, a Christian non-profit organization supporting individuals in their journey with eating disorders. I am also a committee member of the Carroll County Public Schools Curriculum Council where I work closely with the county health supervisor to reform the presentation of children’s health education with the mindset of “do no harm.”
I also enjoy supervising other clinicians who are looking for professional guidance to further develop their clinical skills, get support on challenging cases and gain confidence in their role as an eating disorder clinician.
Recent Speaking Engagements
- Eating Disorders
St John’s Episcopal Church
- Health at Every Size/Weight Stigma
Senior University of Maryland Nutrition Class
- Nutrition in the School Setting
Carroll County Professional Development Day for Health Teachers
- Health curriculum and instruction
Carroll County Public Schools Curriculum Council Meetings