RD, LD, CEDRD-S
Eating disorder dietitian in College Park, Maryland and Alexandria, Virginia
Hi! I’m Alex Raymond. I am co-founder of Courage to Nourish. Whether you’re looking for individual nutrition counseling, dietitian supervision, or a community resource, I’m here to support you. I see clients in person in our College Park, MD and Alexandria, VA office. I also work with clients virtually in Maryland, Virginia and Colorado.
Let me tell you a little about me! I’m a registered dietitian nutritionist in private practice and have been for the past seven years. I co-founded Courage to Nourish in January 2020 with a clear mission.
Our dream was to build a practice that aligns with our values when treating clients in eating disorder recovery. It is crucial to recovery to provide safe, non-judgmental, and HAES-aligned client centered care. This means the client is at the heart of the work that we do at Courage to Nourish. Our role is to provide guidance as we support our clients to do the deeper work in exploring their relationship with food, body and movement. I value advocating for my client’s to receive appropriate and supportive care. This requires collaborating with other health care providers, my clients’ families and other support people.
Courage to Nourish strives to connect each client with the certified eating disorder dietitian that best meets their needs.
You and I would be a great fit if:
- You’re in eating disorder recovery or struggle with disordered eating
- You’re looking for HAES and intuitive eating aligned nutrition care
- You’re looking to explore and improve body image
- You’re an athlete hoping to improve your relationship with your sport and movement
- You value incorporating humor and laughter into healing
- You’re looking for patient, compassionate, yet firm dietitian to challenge eating disorder beliefs
My typical client includes:
- Clients 25 and under (all genders). This includes kids (6 and up) and their families
- I have a special place in my heart for supporting college students in eating disorder recovery
- Athletes and active adolescents, teens and young adults
- Anyone! I would love to schedule a discovery call with you and learn more about how Courage to Nourish can support your nutrition needs.
Are you a dietitian looking for business coaching or clinical supervision?
Read more by clicking the links below.
Upcoming/Recent Speaking Engagements
- Health at Every Size – A Weight Inclusive Paradigm for eating disorder treatment, recovery and harm reduction
Baltimore Metro iaedp Chapter
- The Truth About Health At Every Size © and Applications to Medical Nutrition Therapy
Maryland Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Annual Conference
- That’s Fake News?! Or is it? Media Literacy in the Cyber Age
The Renfrew Center Foundation Conference
- Practical Approaches for the Treatment of Eating Disorders
Baltimore Washington Counseling Center
- Health At Every Size and Weight Stigma
University of Maryland Nutrition Classes
- Nutrition in the School Setting
Carroll County Professional Development Day for Teachers