Virtual eating disorder dietitian in Denver, Colorado
Hi and welcome! I am Lauren Hirschhorn-Tieu, a Registered Dietitian. Here to help people feel safe with the experiences of eating and moving while still enjoying themselves. I primarily see clients in Denver, Colorado and surrounding areas. I also see clients virtually in Colorado, Maryland, Virginia and DC.
Let me tell you a little about me! I currently reside in Denver, CO with my husband who coincidentally is also a dietitian. We love the great outdoors and traveling to National Parks quite often.
Through my own battle with disordered eating and a diagnosis of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), I developed a desire to help others achieve peace. The misinformation I received regarding my PCOS diagnosis, and the pervasiveness of diet culture were the ideal mix to leave me struggling with my relationship with food, my body and movement for over 10 years. It is now my goal to help others break that cycle. I joined the Courage to Nourish team and support their mission full-heartedly of providing client centered HAES-aligned care.
I consider my style of counseling to be uplifting, educational, fun, and ever developing based on client needs. I welcome tears as well as laughter in sessions. There is no “cookie cutter style” for counseling and I am willing to work with each client in developing a lifestyle that best suits their needs and goals and meets them where they are.
Courage to Nourish aims to find the best dietitian fit for every client.
You and I would be a great fit if:
- You’re in eating disorder recovery or struggle with disordered eating.
- You have been diagnosed with PCOS and have been misdirected and unheard by your current medical provider(s).
- You’ve heard about HAES and Intuitive Eating and would like to learn more.
- You’re looking to explore and improve body image.
- You are at your breaking point in the diet cycle and ready to break free and try something new.
- You’re looking for a dietitian who is approachable and values your input regarding your care.
My typical client includes:
- Clients of all genders 14 and up (including their families).
- Clients in larger bodies navigating a world that often feels like it was not designed for them.
- Clients struggling with bingeing behaviors including (but not limited to) diagnoses of Bulimia and Binge Eating Disorder (BED).
- Those stepping down from higher levels of care and working towards continuing recovery in their everyday lives.
- Anyone! I would love to schedule a discovery call with you and learn more about how Courage to Nourish can support your nutrition needs.
I’d love to work with you!