Hey! I am Leanne Smith. Welcome to Courage to Nourish. I am a weight inclusive, non-diet dietitian. I would love to work together. I am seeing patients in Alexandria, Virginia and virtually in DC, Maryland, Florida and Colorado.
Let me tell you a little bit about my background. I had no idea I was going to become a dietitian when I originally went to school for Psychology and received my B.A. in 2016. After graduating, I happened upon a program for nutrition and I knew that was what I wanted to do next. At the time, I was unaware of the ways diet culture had impacted my own relationship with food.
As I learned more about nutrition, my perspective completely changed. I started to understand the harm that diet culture can cause. I started to see how complicated nutrition information can be, and why it can feel so confusing. By the time I graduated I knew I wanted to be a dietitian who could help people have a positive relationship with food instead of a negative one.
Now that I have been working as a dietitian in the eating disorder space, I want to help you see what nutrition can add to your life! I love seeing people’s perspective on food shift just like mine did when I was learning. If we get to work together, I will meet you where you are. Your needs and goals will guide the process. No one is exactly the same so my sessions aren’t either!
Courage to Nourish strives to connect each client with the certified eating disorder dietitian that best meets their needs.
You and I would be a great fit if:
- You are looking for individualized recommendations
- You are looking for a science-based and weight inclusive approach to nutrition
- You want to develop a more positive relationship with food and your body
- You are interested in intuitive eating
- You are looking for support in eating disorder recovery
My typical client includes:
- Kids and adolescents and their families (all genders and abilities)
- Anyone who identifies as LGBTQIA+
- People struggling with an eating disorder or disordered eating
- Clients stepping down from eating disorder treatment
- Anyone! I would love to talk with you and learn more about how Courage to Nourish can support your nutrition needs.
I primarily see clients virtually and in person in Alexandria, Virginia. Looking forward to connecting!