RD, LD, Certified intuitive eating counselor
Eating disorder dietitian in College Park, Maryland and Alexandria, Virginia
Hi, I’m Leslie! I recently moved to the Virginia area with my husband and our dog, Lulu. 6 years ago, I moved to California where I completed my dietetic internship and started my journey as a dietitian. I knew that I wanted to help others heal on a deep level, and through my own struggles with food and movement I was drawn to support clients in eating disorder recovery.
Through my experience at PHP and IOP levels of care I have continued to learn and grow as a clinician and strive to support my clients at whatever stage of recovery they may be. I practice with a HAES aligned approach and I am a certified Intuitive Eating Counselor.
I combine science backed information with mind body approach to healing, and help clients bust diet culture myths and reconnect with their intuition! I value connection and take an individualized approach to treatment with each client I see. I work with clients to remove shame and guilt associated with food choices, neutralize body image, and find a meaningful relationship with movement.
When I am not working with clients I enjoy cooking, going to farmers markets, hiking, and exploring new places! All that said, I’m a major homebody and nothing makes me happier than sleeping in and enjoying a cup of coffee at home. I love being a part of the Courage to Nourish team and to support you in finding food freedom.
Set up a discovery call with me. I’d love to work with you!
You and I would be a good fit if:
- You are curious about Intuitive Eating but don’t know where to begin
- You are looking for support in eating disorder recovery
- You are stuck in the binge-restrict cycle
- You are an adolescent or a parent looking for support for their family
- You want a dietitian who will meet you where you are, but will provide tools and knowledge to help you shift your mindset and habits
My typical client includes:
- Clients of all genders and ages
- Clients who struggle with anorexia, binge eating disorder, or are stuck in the binge restrict cycle
- Clients who want a more meaningful relationship with food and movement
- Clients who are sick of diet culture non sense and want a sustainable approach to nourishing themselves
- Anyone! I would love to schedule a discovery call with you and learn more about how Courage to Nourish can support your nutrition needs.
Read more about me on our blog!
I primarily see clients virtually in Maryland, DC, Virginia, Colorado and in person in Alexandria, Virginia. I am also licensed in Florida, Tennessee, and Georgia. Looking forward to connecting!