Eating disorder dietitian in Columbia, Maryland and Washington, DC
Hi! I’m Rebecca Hart. Welcome to Courage to Nourish. I am a weight inclusive, anti-diet dietitian with over 9 years experience working in the field of eating disorders.
I am passionate about helping my clients create a healthy relationship with food. I primarily see clients virtually in DC, Maryland and Virginia, and also have limited availability for in person appointments at our Columbia, Maryland office.
I have previously worked in eating disorder treatment facilities at multiple levels of care, including inpatient, partial hospitalization, and intensive outpatient. For the past 5 years I have been serving clients in an outpatient setting.
I love outpatient care because I am able to create long-term relationships with my clients, and help them apply evidenced based recommendations in an individualized and meaningful way. I joined Courage to Nourish in April 2022 so that I can continue to provide compassionate, client centered care to those navigating recovery.
I specialize in providing care for people struggling with all types of disordered eating, and specifically enjoy working with athletes, adolescents, chronic dieters looking to ditch diet mentality, and people who desire a more intuitive and sustainable approach to eating. I also have a special interest in supporting parents in feeding their families and recovery through pregnancy and the postpartum period. I utilize a Health at Every Size and Intuitive Eating approach.
I live in Maryland with my husband, two young children, and my cat. Things that make me happy include collecting plants, reading books, fire pit hangouts, scrapbooking, and traveling.
Courage to Nourish hopes to match each client with an eating disorder dietitian who can best meet their needs. Read on to learn more about me!
My typical client includes:
- Adults or adolescents 13 years and older
- Those struggling with disordered eating
- Clients stepping down from treatment
- Athletes navigating recovery and their sport
- Recovery through pregnancy, postpartum, or feeding families
- People stuck in a restrict/binge cycle
- Anyone trying to develop a healthy relationship with food or working towards intuitive eating
- I enjoy working with all clients, so feel free to reach out to see if we would be a good fit!
You and I would be a good fit if:
- You are in recovery or looking for support with disordered eating
- You are ready to ditch diet culture or want to learn more about the Health at Every Size or Intuitive Eating Approach
- You need help navigating and applying nutrition information in a realistic and sustainable way – You are looking for a weight inclusive provider
- You work best with a down-to-earth and caring provider who is also direct and firm to challenge disordered beliefs
Looking for an eating disorder dietitian?
Click here to visit our contact us page and to schedule a discovery call with our dietitians specializing in eating disorder recovery nutrition. We have offices in College Park, MD, Columbia, MD, and Alexandria, VA. We work with clients virtually in Maryland, Virginia, DC, Colorado and Pennsylvania.