Clinical Director for Virginia
Hi! I am Emilee Young! I am glad you are here. I am an Eating Disorder Dietitian in Alexandria, Virginia and I support clients virtually in Maryland, Virginia and Washington DC. I work with clients in Richmond, VA, Charlottesville, VA, Virginia Beach, VA and Roanoke, VA.
Let me tell you a little bit about me! I love helping individuals develop healthier relationships with food and their natural body size. I have experience in various levels of care for eating disorders where I have worked with clients from various backgrounds and cultures.
I live in Virginia with my husband and bulldog, Stella. My decision to pursue nutrition stems from healing my own relationship with food and dedication to dismantling diet culture. I prioritize being an advocate for my clients and creating a safe and trusting space for them to heal.
My goal through our work together is for you to feel empowered by your relationship with food and your body. I take time to listen and learn from the experiences that I have not had so I can best support you.
Courage to Nourish strives to connect each client with the certified eating disorder dietitian that best meets their needs.
You and I would be a great fit if:
- You’re in eating disorder recovery or struggle with disordered eating
- You’re looking for a weight-inclusive and intuitive eating approach
- You desire a more accepting relationship with your natural body size
- You’re looking to step away from chronic dieting, guilt, and shame surrounding food and behaviors
- You’re looking for a bubbly, collaborative, yet firm dietitian to support you
My typical client includes:
- Clients 16 and older (all genders)
- Teens through adulthood who struggle with Binge Eating Disorder (BED)
- Individuals interested in establishing a joyful relationship with movement
- Adults looking to heal from intergenerational disordered eating or eating disorders
- Anyone! I would love to schedule a discovery call with you and learn more about how Courage to Nourish can support your nutrition needs.
I primarily see clients virtually and in person in Alexandria, Virginia. Looking forward to connecting!